Monday, January 2, 2012

Feel free to join me....

I'm about to embark on a scary and challenging journey.  In a few weeks time I'm going to start a 3 week body purification diet.

Now, anyone that knows me is probably thinking....WHAT??? Not Mindy.  She's not "crunchy" like that.  But not to worry, I'm still the same ol' Mindy.

With one exception.

I wanted to make some changes but I don't want it to be wrapped in some ridiculous New Years Resolution.  It's not about timing or a date on a calendar.  Lately to be honest, I haven't felt that great about myself.  That's hard for some people to say.  Sure, on Facebook everyone is all about how great their life, kids, husbands, etc. are, but sometimes there is a small part of you that feels lost.  Maybe it's because I'm turning 40 in 7 months and I don't want to do that not liking how I feel or look.

Some of you reading this may ask why is she putting all of this out there.  I'm not really a "put it all out there" kind of gal.  Maybe that is part of the change too.  To be honest I had an experience over the holidays that truly changed me as a person.  What kind of experience? Well that is really personal and not something I feel is helpful to this conversation.  Let's just say, I need to start adding a little more Mindy to my day to day priorities.

How does the old saying go?  “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option”

Well, I really feel like if for 3 weeks time I can actually focus on what I'm putting into my body it may have an overall effect on my well being.  I'm going to try and shut out the nay sayers or people who have a useless opinion.  So if you're reading this and feel compelled to "say what you feel" then don't.  This isn't Facebook, it's MY BLOG.

I'm starting the blog now, because for the next 2 weeks I'll be reducing my caffeine intake so that I won't be suffering when the program starts.  I'll explain more later about the program and how I came to use it.

Thank you for anyone that wants to join me and support me!  I know I will truly need some encouraging words and maybe someone to kick my butt!


UPDATE:
OK, it's 1:45 PM and I'm cautiously optimistic.  But I'm enjoying a green shake!!  I feel really good, I had a slight caffeine headache and I did do a swig of black coffee just to take the edge off.  And wow...it really did the trick.   I will update tonight after my acupuncture visit.

This is what I'm drinking now:

 1 cup green grapes, 2 spears of fresh pineapple, blend, put in the cleanse, blend, then about 3-4 cups of fresh spinach, blend, 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil and 9-10 ice cubes.

4 comments:

  1. I am leaving a comment whether you like it or not, lol. I am in support of you, all the way, I want Mrs. Lou to be happy :). Love, Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Go, Go for it Mindy!

    ReplyDelete