Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 15-20

I know it's been a while since I've made a post, but I thought my posts were getting a little redundant.  Each day was going well and there wasn't much to report.  To recap every day has been pretty easy.  Once I got on line and found some new and interesting things to make it really helped.  Making my own dressing has helped really kick up my salads!

One piece of advice to anyone embarking on the 21 Day Purification Process is to do lots of research and find some recipes to keep you going during the rough days!  For me the one dish that helped me through the 1st 11 days with no meat was the Red Pepper Soup.  I will post the recipe in the next few days, because I sort of adapted it from 3 different recipes I found.  It offered someone like me who eats few vegetables a hot meal with no fruit.  On the plan you are supposed to eat double the amount of vegetables than fruit.  That was a challenge.

Another exciting milestone was that I tried Broccoli!  I thought it was pretty good!  Food definitely tastes different on this plan.  I can't stress that enough that if you are feeling sluggish and food doesn't taste the way it used to, you may need a week or so off of processed foods!  I would have never believed it either before this, but now I am a believer!!!!

The Standard Process is NOT a quick fix.  If you are looking for a pill or instant gratification this plan isn't for you.  I have learned more about food and my self in the last 20 days than I ever could imagine.  But you have to be willing to try and open your mind.

In addition to the purification I've also been exercising.  Doing Yoga has been the most rewarding form of exercise during this time.  I look forward to attending classes and even doing some videos here at home.  Each time I practice Yoga I can feel my body and mind getting stronger.

So tonight I am on the eve of the final day.  The self confidence alone gained from knowing that I am going to complete the 21 days is extremely gratifying.  I could not have done it alone though.  My husband was there every step of the way cheering me on.  Even though he admits he was just a tad skeptical in the beginning. And let me say he had EVERY reason to be considering I haven't been the healthiest eater.  However, once he saw me take it seriously and not deviate from the process he saw how much i was benefiting from it.

And I have some of the most awesome friends a woman could ask for.  So many of them came out to support me.  I never honestly expected it.  So, I am very thankful for that.  What makes me even happier is that some of them have been inspired to make healthy changes in their lives as well.  That is surely one reward that I never expected!  Truly the icing on the cake....wait....oh sure have a slice!!

I wanted to keep this short, tomorrow may be a long one!!!

Raise a glass of ice cold water to Day 21...it's right around the corner!!!


1 comment: