Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 1

Well it's the morning of Day 1 and I am super duper excited but even more scared.  I'm currently drinking a shake with spinach in it.  And it's good!!  I decided to start early because it just worked out better this way.


If any of you are curious about what system I'm doing, it's a kidney/liver cleanse made by Standard Process.  I will definitely talk more about what it involves and about the system.  It's not one of those fast colon cleanses or anything like that. I know those things are right for some people but for me they are not.   For 21 days I cannot eat any processed foods, sugar (real or artificial, caffeine and for 11 days no meat.


Last night I had a last supper of sorts with my friend Spring!  Enchiladas and Margaritas!  She was so nice and encouraging.  I am really thankful that I spent last night with her.


I'm nervous about the next 21 days.  I've never done anything like this and tonight I will see my acupuncturist who started all of this!  So that's all for this morning! Wish me luck...I'm off to finish this shake!!


****UPDATE*****


With Day 1 pretty much in the books, I'm feeling pretty good.  I had a slight caffeine headache but nothing too bad and it has gone away.  I haven't been hungry or anything.  The shakes are really yummy.


I made this one today for lunch and dinner!!  It was super green but actually quite delicious.




 1 cup green grapes, 2 spears of fresh pineapple, blend, put in the cleanse, blend, then about 3-4 cups of fresh spinach, blend, 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil and 9-10 ice cubes.
Aside from the physical changes I feel more in control of myself.  I went to acupuncture tonight and that always helps in every aspect of my life.  I have another appointment next Wednesday and by then I'll be on Day 8!!!  That gives me a lot of inspiration.
Thank you to everyone who has messaged me with words of support.  Now off to Day 2!

3 comments: