Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 3

Good Morning to those of you following my progress!

Yesterday went fairly well.  I did have a caffeine headache that lasted until the evening.  This morning I had a slight headache, but it already seems to be going away.  I'm drinking tons of water.  My body must be in complete shock. I've had nothing but water (to drink) now for 48 hours straight.  64 oz. + a day.  I find it easier to drink from a cup or straw.  I'm finishing up 20oz right now and it's only 9:43 AM!

I'm not starving when I wake up either like I thought I might be.  I think eating all the veggies in the shakes must help.  Hard to believe in just 7 days I'll be able to have a piece of chicken!

Of course I knew it would happen...I encountered a few "Debbie Downers" yesterday.  But I didn't let them get to me.  I also received a lot of support from people.  One person was really excited for me as she has done something similar.  She told me how amazing I'mg going to feel when I finish.

I had lunch with my friend Teresa at Panera and it didn't even bother me at all.  It was harder to make Evan a grilled cheese sandwich that night and not have any!!  I do make a really good grilled cheese!!  Spreading that butter.....watching the "fresh from our local farm" cheese melt so ooey gooey...THAT WAS HARDER!!  But I resisted.  And had a mandarin orange!

I can definitely tell a difference when I wake up.  I don't seem to be as groggy and sluggish.  I'm sure because of not having such severe withdrawal overnight.  I know the caffeine headaches are temporary so I'm trying to be tough and get through them.

I did about 20 minutes of yoga last night from our On Demand.  That was pretty awesome.  I think it actually helped my headache go away.  If you are looking for workout ideas at home check out your On Demand menu.  I was really happy to see all the options.  Pretty cool.  We have Comcast.

That's all for!  I hope you are all having a great Friday the 13th...and oh by the way....



Good Luck to the Baltimore Ravens!!

2 comments:

  1. you have truly inspired me. i've been so nervous about starting this cleanse. i bought everything yesterday($$$) and will start monday! i'll continue to use your blog for inspiration. btw i also read your dishing with D Lo. i just cut off a similar relationship at the beginning of this week. how'd things turn out? did he recognize the error of his ways or did you move on without looking back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Good luck to you, are you doing it with some supervision? I am doing it under the guidance of my acupuncturist.

    D. Lo is actually a friend of mine. Those are blogs I follow.

    Please stay in touch. We can help each other!

    ReplyDelete