Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 12

Day 12 Day 12 I can't believe it!

Overall, it's been really easy to not eat bad foods.  Quite honestly I think not eating any processed/pre-packaged foods has really improved my sense of taste.  The Red Pepper Soup with Chicken I made tonight tasted so amazing.  Without any butter, sugar or oil.  Preparing my meals are an event!  Let's face it peeling off some film and microwaving a frozen dinner isn't very exciting at all.

However, when you slice fresh Red Peppers and blacken them so the skins fall right off, the smell alone makes it worth it!  Then you place all the fresh ingredients into the blender and hit blend you see the fresh garlic, peppers, thyme and white balsamic vinaigrette  spinning around all very happy to be together!  Watching the soup simmer on the stove it is a beautiful red and the smell is way better than any take out from Ruby Tuesdays!  I shredded my allotted palm sized piece of garlic chicken (leftover from last night) and toss it into my soup to complete it's yumminess.  Sprinkle with some homemade French lentils and I have myself a feast!  Add in a gorgeous baby romaine salad with my homemade Flax Oil Dressing and I was all set.  By the way I was too full to eat my side dish of French Lentils.  On this program you are definitely not going hungry.



This morning I also completed a 30 minute High Calorie Burn workout video and cleaned Evan's room!!  Which was also a high calorie burn!  Adding exercise will really kick up my energy and weight loss.  A friend of mine and Jim too, commented that my face is starting to look thinner.  Let's just hope I don't lose all my weight in my head, can you say Beetlejuice?  :)

The next 8 days will be a breeze if they are like this.  I hope you are all enjoying the final days!! Have you cut out any bad foods from your diet?  Soda?  Sugar?  Processed Foods?

I know a lot of you have messaged me to say you have started exercising, cut out sodas or trying to eat healthier.  I love that! Let's keep spreading the news!!  If I can do it....ANYONE can!!

Have a great week everyone!! See you on Lucky DAY 13!!!

5 comments:

  1. Great job on your diet and your determination to succeed. Too often people today simply cannot discipline themselves through a process such as this. You have mastered this into a fun event, much better I would say than some of the "weight watchers, lean cuisine" ruse some many are suckerd into.
    By the way, that is an amazing table top you have. Five stars for you missy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! What kind words! Do I know you? I can honestly say I haven't cheated at all. Can't see why I would, I'm not hungry and I'm on day 13! Oh, and the Granite is my awesome island. Thank for that too!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog...my husband and I are about to start this same program this weekend. I'm a little nervous about it, but I really appreciate all of your positive comments on this program. I'm super interested in these lentil croutons you keep mentioning...how do you make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the recipe I used. And the information was from a Chiropractor who had emailed me the recipe. Enjoy!! This makes a lot. Plenty for your husband and you for a few days! I had to buy them at an Organic market. Not even Wegman's carried them near me.



      French Lentils

      2 c. French lentils
      1 medium onion
      1 bay leaf
      1 1/2 t. salt
      4 cloves garlic
      1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
      1/4 t. black pepper
      6 c. water

      Place lentils in a 2 qt. pot and cover with water. Quarter the onion and add to lentils along with bay leaf and salt. Simmer uncovered 10-12 minutes until al dente. Meanwhile, zest or press garlic through a garlic press into a casserole dish and add olive oil and black pepper. Drain lentils and remove onion and bay leaf. Add lentils to garlic olive oil and mix to combine.

      The French lentil is preferred in this dish because of its firmness after cooking and its rich, peppery flavor. We have found them in bulk at both New Leaf and Earthfare in Tallahassee. We put this on salads instead of croutons or use as a side dish. Health magazine has named lentils as one of the 5 healthiest foods. With about 30% of their calories from protein, lentils have the third-highest level of protein, by weight, of any legume or nut, after soybean and hemp. Proteins include the essential amino acids,isoleucine and and lysine, and lentils are an essential source of inexpensive protein in many parts of the world. Its high fiber content helps maintain constant blood sugar levels throughout the day and aids in the binding and removal of toxins and in normal bowel elimination.

      Delete
  3. I will post the recipe for you! Good luck and you are going to really love it. Keep me posted on how your doing! I was completely nervous too, like jumping out of a plane. :) But once you get through Day 1 it gets so easy!!

    ReplyDelete