Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 5

Did I really just type that?  Day 5.  Hard to believe I've made it this far.

No headache this morning.  I ate a big bowl of fruit this morning for Breakfast.  The cravings aren't so bad.  The only time it's bad is those darn food commercials.  You know Olive Garden, TGIFridays, anything with cheese!  Cheese seems to be what I miss the most.  I made my husband and Evan pasta last night and that didn't bother me too much.  I had heard there would be really bad carb cravings, but so far not so much.  Cheese.  Cheese is what I want!!   But I will stay strong.  I would never throw the last 5 days away.  Especially if I'm getting past the caffeine headaches.

My sleep seems to be improving too.  I sleep sounder and woke up fairly easy this morning.  I got on the scale and I've lost 3lbs.  Not a bad trade off eh?   Overall since Christmas I've lost 8lbs.  That makes me super motivated to maintain a healthier way of eating even after the cleanse.  I hope to never return to 3 coffees, and about 4-5 diet Cokes a day!  Maybe just one coffee a day and 1 diet coke a week.  That will be my goal.   I'm still drinking a lot of water and the trips to the bathroom are becoming less frequent.  So, my body must be absorbing the water better.  I'm not a dry potted plant anymore!! :)

Well, I'm off to buy a blender, up until now I've borrowed one from my friend Jeanette.   However, I think I'll be using one a lot from now on.  Evan wants fruit shakes now too!!  So, I think it would be a good investment.

Have a great Day 5 everyone!!


***Evening Update***

Today has been the best day yet.  I can't quite explain it, but I feel lighter.  I don't mean as in losing weight but my limbs feel like they can do more.  Still no headache and I'm hoping I've seen the last of them.

I managed to squeeze in 20 minutes of Yoga, before being interrupted by Evan and his buddy Colin.  Going to try and do more of that.  I'm going to sign up for a Yoga Class soon, because I just know I'm doing it all wrong!

I think the hardest part was just waking up and saying...today is the day.

5 comments:

  1. Glad the headaches are gone and you are feeling better :). Congrats on day 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy, I am enjoying your posts. I caught up on all of them today. I think it's great that you're doing this and sharing it with friends and family. Not only is it motivation for you to stick with it, but it's inspirational too. You'll be a quarter of the way through it after today and I have no doubts you'll stick to it with your positive energy. Just remember, the nay Sayers are just jealous that they don't have the drive and determination you do. I look forward to seeing how excited you are once you've accomplished your goal...and maybe I can get you to come to some classes with me at the gym too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Koren. I appreciate hearing that. I was really nervous about "putting it all out there". But it has helped me just keep track of how I was feeling day to day. Hope you continue to enjoy my ramblings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete